Sunday 16 January 2011

JANUARY CLEAN UP

decluttering, cleanup your home, letting go, new year new you,

Out with the old, in with the new: may you be happy the whole year through. 

Happy New Year 2011

It's a New Year and I think January is always a great month for cleaning up, clearing out and deleting junk/trash emails, unwanted photos, videos and documents. A time to simply declutter wherever it may be necessary.


decluttering, cleanup your home, letting go, new year new you,

Usually, it brings me to total exasperation, everywhere I look there is something else in need of reorganizing and its ever so frustrating.

I am de-cluttering my space/spaces and making way for new energy to propagate. 

I am really getting into this clearing out, I started with my yarn stash and have filled three (3) garbage bags of yarn which will go to the charity shop.


decluttering, cleanup your home, letting go, new year new you,

I am disengaging from the emotional attachment I have to the objects I possess and I must admit this is hard.

I am making an assessment about the objects in my space and the emotional strain it is having on the flow of my life which is currently stagnant.

I am looking at everything and assessing whether these things are adding value to my life or keeping me physically and emotionally stuck.

Did you know you really need to understand that every part of the human life experience is encapsulated within our home through design, images, symbols, sounds, and smells?




If you understand this, then you can assess whether these objects add value to your life or keep you physically and emotionally stuck.


decluttering, cleanup your home, letting go, new year new you,


Wow, I am feeling energized already,  must keep moving, heaps more clearing to go.

Please don't ask me for something I have thrown away!

I realize this blog post has nothing to do with my crochet creations so here is a cute crochet flower I made just for fun!


decluttering, cleanup your home, letting go, new year new you,

If you want to join me in de-cluttering here are some helpful hints:
  • Check each room of your home and record the clutter zones; 
  • How do you feel when you look at your possessions?  positive reaction or a negative one?
  • Have a system for discarding unwanted, broken or donation items.
  • Set an intention as you remove unwanted items. You are now energetically opening up to attracting new desires into your life.
  • Take breaks during the clutter-clearing session to recharge your energy.
  • Strive for a cleared, simple, natural and uncluttered feel.
I wish you a happy decluttering January!


decluttering, cleanup your home, letting go, new year new you,


BE CREATIVE

PLAY AND HAVE SOME FUN!

Enjoy!
ciao, ciao!
how to crochet, crochet patterns, knit patterns,
Barbara Summers Hand Knit and Crochet   www.crocknit.com

Copyright © 2008 Barbara Summers Hand Knit and Crochet. All rights reserved.  All materials contained on this website, including images, are protected by the UK and International Copyright Law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Barbara Summers. Please CONTACT me at crocknit@gmail.com if you wish to obtain such permission.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

This watching and reading blogs is nice about other culture and people and nature. Come see the pictures Teuvo blog and tell all your friends know why you should visit Teuvo pictures blog. Therefore, to obtain your country's flag to rise higher in my blog. Merry began in 2011 years! Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland