Friday 11 February 2011

Perfect Heart Mania!

Perfect Heart Projects


Obsessive Behaviour? That's me!
Its seems I have become a little bit, only a little bit, obsessed with my "perfect heart" crochet pattern - well, only when I have been home and not out walking or touring.  I just want to see how many different ways I can use this crochet heart pattern.  My brain has got a pile of ideas but I have a reluctance to even try some of those ideas - mainly because my general philosophy for crocheting is to make things that are useful and practical.  Yes, I may admire those artistic crocheters who crochet up cup cakes and other odd vegetables and fruits - but for me it is not the direction I want to go!

Big Heart Effort
In the last week, my crochet hours have been limited and my time has been filled with other things.  But as soon as I had the chance I was trying different yarns and deciding on ways to turn my perfect hearts into a useful, practical item.

Of course my most basic use of the heart is:

Perfect Heart Motif/Brooch
No.1:  attach heart to a hat, scarf, bag, whatever.














No. 2:  my favourite use make two hearts, join and fill with dried lavender, to hang in the wardrobe. I really like these lavender pouches and I am glad I have a good supply of lavender which I bought last summer from the Norfolk Lavender Farm.
Perfect Heart Lavender Pouch



















No. 3:  making heart decos, make two hearts, join together, make a chain loop, and attach to handbag, keyring, hang on tree, make a garland.









No. 4:  make a wristband, headband, belt etc. and attach a heart motif.

I am thinking of writing up and posting this wristband pattern.  Anyone interested?

Let me know.



No. 5:  still working on it.... thinking cap is on and crochet hook is working....



All this talk about hearts reminds me of a fantastic poem written by E.E. Cummings:

i carry your heart with me
i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) 
i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

Heart me!  I love it!






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: