Monday, 12 March 2012

EASTER EGGSTATIC

EASTER EGGS CROCHET
WHAT DOES EASTER MEAN TO YOU?

When I was a child Easter to me was all about:  
1. looking forward to LOADS of chocolate eggs; 
2. PAINTING eggs, my favourite;
3. eating loads and loads of wonderful home-cooked traditional Polish Easter cuisine.



CROCHET EASTER EGGS
Oh and yes it is all about Christ rising from the dead, etc. I couldn't avoid that bit, having Polish parents, being Roman Catholic, and attending a Roman Catholic school all my school years.  I KNEW THE STUFF BACKWARDS.

ANYWAY, lets move on to the celebrations.  Easter Sunday Brunch in our house looked something like this:  Cold meats - ham, kielbasa wiejska, (smoked sausage), pasztet (home-made liver pate), Fish - roll mops, Eggs - boiled.

EASTER CROCHET
Cakes - makowiec (poppy seed cake), sernik (baked cheesecake), Breads - rye and wheat, and best of all - bigos (Hunter's stew of cabbage and meats).


WOW my mouth is watering just writing and thinking about it, how long is it till EASTER?

OK, so I digress, just a bit?  let's get back to CROCHET - I was asked by a dear friend for some CROCHET Easter decorations - and I thought OMG where is this taking me?  so I made these crochet EASTER eggs and egg cosies.


CROCHET EASTER EGGS AND COSY


HERE ARE the PATTERN DETAILS:

  • Skill Level:  Easy - knowledge of surface crochet required
  • Yarn:  DMC Petra 5 or similar yarn
  • Hook:  2mm
  • Stitches: single, half double and double crochet; surface crochet
  • Gauge/Tension:  Not crucial - approx. 10dc to 4cm
  • Measurements:  Cosy H2.5in X W3.5in; Egg H3.5in X W2.5in
  • Terminology:  USA - american crochet terms
I had so much fun, I am definitely making more for myself, and I hope you enjoy them too, and may you have fun making them for yourself and for your friends.


CROCHET EGGS



ALLELUJA EASTER Eggs and Egg Cosies 
CROCHET PATTERN is available from my online stores:- 

 ETSY   CRAFTSY   RAVELRY

CROCHET EASTER EGGS AND COSY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE:



CHECK OUT THESE FREE PATTERNS FOR EASTER BASKETS 
CROCHET EASTER BASKETS
RAVELRY JUTE BASKETS 
CRAFTSY  JUTE BASKETS




AND THIS FREE PATTERN FOR JUTE2 BASKETS 



CROCHET BOWLS EASTER EGGS


RAVELRY JUTE2 BASKETS 
CRAFTSY  JUTE2 BASKETS